- Born in Texas on Galveston Island.
- Graduated from Kirwin High School, college preparatory academy.
- Majored in Architecture at Galveston Community College.
- Drafted in 1969 into the US Army. Trained at the US Army Medical Dept., Center and School at Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas, MOS 92B20.
- Tour of duty in Vietnam with the 7th Medical Group Field Hospital located at Phu Thai, South Vietnam.
- Received an honorable discharge with the rank of E5.
- Trained as a Medical Laboratory Technician, in civilian life.
- Worked 41 years in Hematology at John Sealy Hospital-UTMB Galveston; St Joseph’s Hospital, Houston; and, Laboratory Corporation of American, Phoenix, AZ.
- Currently retired.
An avid genealogist, in 2001, I was given the recognition by the San Antonio Genealogical and a true American, i am a descendant of the 1598 Onate Expedition into New Mexico. In the early as a result of my genealogical research, I was invited to present my findings at the following:
- Historical Society as a descendant of the Founding Families of Bexar County, Texas (San Antonio, Texas).
- 1700’s, under the Spanish Commander, Captain Joseph de Urrutia, (My 7th great-grandfather), my predecessor was instrumental in the founding of the Presidio San Antonio de Bejar (San Antonio, Texas). My family has been in North America over 416 years and under five Flags (Spain, Mexico, Republic of Texas, USA, the Confederate States, and the USA).
(a) AZ State Library, Archived & Public Records, Phoenix, AZ -2003; (b) The Pentagon, and The National Archives, Washington, D.C. – 2004 (Hispanic Heritage Month); and my most recent,
(c) The Society of Hispanic Historical and Ancestral Research, Orange, CA – November 2014.